It has become increasingly customary for purchasers to ask for a Pre-Purchase Structural Inspection before or after they make an offer to purchase a home.
In making a pre-purchase inspection, ABBC Building Inspectors will assess the property in context of other houses in the same area of the same age and type of construction, following the guidance of the Australian Standard AS4349.1-2007 Inspection of Buildings.
When inspecting a house, Andrew will look for factors such as
- Is the building structurally sound?
- Are there major defects?
- Are there safety Issues?
- What condition are the roof, walls, floors, sub-floor in?
- Does the house comply with legislated electrical safety requirements?
- Damp and mould issues
- Site drainage issues
- Settlement and cracking
- Property Condition
- Alterations and renovations
- Retaining walls, swimming pool, patio, skylights and other items added after original construction
- Common and uncommon building faults learnt from years and years of experience
If there are items that worry you specifically about the property, please let our staff know at the time of booking the inspection.
The report will contain photos where required to add clarity to his report.
The report will be in a written format with clear summary. Reports are available within 24 hours of the inspection.
If you need help with translation of the report, this is available. 中文联系电话：0431075381 短信业务咨询必复。